Cultivating a Calgary community that is a supportive, innovative environment where people impacted by dementia can live life well.
Dementia Network Calgary is a growing multi-stakeholder group of knowledgeable, capable, and passionate individuals from across public, private, and nonprofit sectors in Calgary and area that is taking a cross sector, collaborative approach to tackling the complex challenge of dementia.
4 Times a week
That’s how often an older adult is reported missing in Calgary. Click HERE for a resource guide to help prevent and prepare and watch this video to find out how you can help.
Conversation Cafes have been found to be an invaluable resource for members of our community, including those with dementia, care partners. Click the Calendar of Events to find a time that works for you. For those not familiar with a Conversation Cafe:
- the purpose of conversation cafe is to bring people together for conversation, for information available through various networks, to share experiences, and to exchange information
- all conversation cafes have a host and often a co-host to facilitate conversation
- we are a safe place for discussion, laughs and friendship
- we firmly believe in confidentiality
- café members often feel connected to others on the same or similar journey